About Us > Our Bylaws
MEMBERSHIP POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
STEERING COMMITTEE REQUIREMENTS:
- New membership is obtained by the completion of an application, the non-refundable contribution of annual dues per family, the adherence to the principles of Biblical faith by which LIFE is operated, and commitment by a parent to a job designated by the nominating committee to help operate LIFE at Lake Norman.
- Dues for applications received in months January through May will be reduced.
- Christ-like behavior and attitude is expected at all LIFE functions. Any conflict that arises will be resolved according to the Bible.
- LIFE is not responsible for the safety of individuals at any LIFE function, nor will Peninsula Baptist Church be held responsible. All LIFE members participate by their own will.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their own children during any LIFE event.
- LIFE has a “No Drop Off” policy. This means that when your child is involved in any LIFE-sponsored class or field trip, it is mandatory that a parent, or a representative of the parent, be in attendance and responsible for the entire time allotted in order for that child to participate. This policy is in effect for the protection of our children and for the hosting facility. LIFE cannot be held responsible for the safety and well being of your child at any event. Each parent is responsible for the sign-in and supervision of their own children. Failure to comply with this policy may result in the forfeiture of participation and fees.
- LIFE offers activities, classes, and events for our members; however, we are not a service, we are a support group. Our group works on a volunteer basis, therefore the availability of activities and events is subject to the willingness of all our members to share the responsibility for their organization. If there is no one to coordinate and/or no committee member to assist, the specific activities lacking such will be cancelled. In the same manner, if an activity is desired, and a coordinator and/or committee member comes forward, such activity will be added.
- Punctuality is expected at planned activities to avoid delays for the entire group.
- All concerns should be directed to a steering committee member.
- Each member agrees to abide and uphold the principles upon which LIFE was established.
- Each member agrees to uphold the mission and vision statements of Peninsula Baptist Church when leading or sponsoring any activity held at Peninsula Baptist Church.
- Each member agrees to withhold solicitations to other members during LIFE activities except for entrepreneurial day. No solicitations will be made at Peninsula Baptist Church in accordance with church bylaws.
- For the privacy of our members, no member directory information is to be published or distributed to those outside the LIFE membership, either by e-mail, paper copy or posting of such on any internet website.
- Each member agrees to uphold the Purpose Statement, Philosophy and Vision of LIFE at Lake Norman when leading or sponsoring any activity under the auspices of LIFE at Lake Norman.
STEERING COMMITTEE REQUIREMENTS:
- All Steering members must be a Christian and sign a Purpose Statement, which will be kept on file by the secretary.
- Since all Steering members are Christians, LIFE will operate on Biblical principles.
- New Steering members are nominated by and voted in by the current Steering Committee.